Filed under: Deer, Hunting, Outdoor tips, Uncategorized, Wild Game and Fish, Wild Game Cooking, wild game recipes | Tags: deer, deer hunting, Ground venison, Nebraska deer, nebraska deer hunting, Outdoor tips, venison, venison burgers, venison recipes, Wild Game, wild game cooking, Wild Game Cooking Tips, wild game recipes
This is a must-try, healthy, tasty recipe for those of you who have or will have ground venison in the frig or freezer this fall or winter. It’s actually a healthy twist on an older recipe in my file. Even non-hunters and non-wild game meat eaters visiting the Wagner abode have thoroughly enjoyed this recipe! It serves eight people. Bon appetite! See you out there, grill-side! By the way, if you would like to receive or donate some venison, don’t forget about our Nebraska Deer Exchange Program here: http://outdoornebraska.ne.gov/hunting/programs/deerexchange/
- 1/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons fat-free, plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground venison
- 8 whole wheat or multi-grain hamburger buns, split
- 8 slices reduced-fat or low-fat Pepper Jack cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lime juice, mustard and lime peel; cover and refrigerate until serving.
- In a bowl, combine the onions, yogurt, jalapeno, salt and pepper. Crumble meat over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight patties. Grill until meat is no longer pink. Serve on buns; top with cheese and mayonnaise mixture … Mmmm!
Filed under: conservation officers, Deer, hunters, Hunting, Landowners, Nebraska outdoor events, outdoor information, Special occasion, Uncategorized, venison, wild game recipes | Tags: deer events, Greg Wagner, Greg Wagner public appearance, Kick-off to Deer Season, Mike Luben, Nebraska conservation officers, Nebraska deer hunters, nebraska deer hunting, Nebraska hunting, Nebraska hunting information, Nebraska landowners, venison, Wahoo, Wahoo Locker, Wahoo Wieners
Come join Conservation Officer Mike Luben of Colon, NE and myself at a fun-filled deer event on Oct. 2nd in Wahoo. See the post card below. This event is well attended by deer hunters and landowners. Thanks Charlie for inviting us! See you all there and bring your appetites!