Filed under: Deer, Hunting, Outdoor tips, Uncategorized, Wild Game and Fish, Wild Game Cooking, wild game recipes | Tags: deer, deer hunting, Ground venison, Nebraska deer, nebraska deer hunting, Outdoor tips, venison, venison burgers, venison recipes, Wild Game, wild game cooking, Wild Game Cooking Tips, wild game recipes
This is a must-try, healthy, tasty recipe for those of you who have or will have ground venison in the frig or freezer this fall or winter. It’s actually a healthy twist on an older recipe in my file. Even non-hunters and non-wild game meat eaters visiting the Wagner abode have thoroughly enjoyed this recipe! It serves eight people. Bon appetite! See you out there, grill-side! By the way, if you would like to receive or donate some venison, don’t forget about our Nebraska Deer Exchange Program here: http://outdoornebraska.ne.gov/hunting/programs/deerexchange/
- 1/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons fat-free, plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground venison
- 8 whole wheat or multi-grain hamburger buns, split
- 8 slices reduced-fat or low-fat Pepper Jack cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lime juice, mustard and lime peel; cover and refrigerate until serving.
- In a bowl, combine the onions, yogurt, jalapeno, salt and pepper. Crumble meat over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight patties. Grill until meat is no longer pink. Serve on buns; top with cheese and mayonnaise mixture … Mmmm!